Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Soup


With the weather turning colder, it's time to pull out some soup recipes and warm everyone up! I'm thinking about hosting a soup party where everyone brings a crockpot of soup and we all sample each other's offerings. Now if I can find the time to put it together!

This soup is cheesy and delicious and is very simple to make. It came together in less than 20 minutes, making it a great choice for a busy weeknight.

Here's what you need:

1 head broccoli, cut into florets and steamed
(You could also use a bag of frozen broccoli florets)
4 cups chicken broth
2 cups milk
1 can condensed cheese soup
1 teas onion powder
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I use sharp cheddar)

While the broccoli is steaming, combine the broth, milk, cheese soup and seasonings in a large saucepan. Heat until lightly simmering, stirring with a whisk to remove any lumps from the soup. You don't want to boil this because the milk might curdle. Just let it bubble a little around the edges.

Add the shredded cheese and whisk until it's completely melted. Give the broccoli florets a rough chop and add to the soup. Heat through and serve.

4 comments:

  1. This looks simple and yummy! I am going to put it on the plan for next week. :-) I do a Wednesday post each week sharing a recipe, too -- http://homeschoolsuccess.blogspot.com/2010/11/wednesday-whats-for-dinner-lemon-pepper.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soup is one of my favorite things to make. I've added this recipe to my Evernote and can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to make the recipe! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum...this is going in my favorites.

    ReplyDelete