Sunday, June 15, 2014

Menu Plan June 16-22

After two weeks of non-stop rain (or so it seemed), summer weather has come with a vengeance to the Deep South. But we didn't let it stop us from getting out and enjoying some mini-golf at Noccalula Falls on Saturday. We had a lovely day of family fun, in spite of the heat.
We've also started a concerted effort to eat healthy. And this time, it was prompted by my husband who is committed to getting physically fit this year. Our past efforts kind of dwindled because it was mainly me who was interested in doing it. I'm thrilled that he's gotten on board and is researching healthy eating himself. I think we'll be able to make better choices as a family and that will benefit all of us.

We're starting with baby steps, like switching out whole wheat flour for white flour, whole wheat pasta for regular pasta, that kind of thing. We've also added more veggies and fruits to our meals and snacks. I even got Charles to go with me to the farmer's market last week - early, on a Saturday morning! See, baby steps!

So here's what I've got on the menu:

Monday
Quinoa and kale gratin, roasted garlic cauliflower

Tuesday
Italian sausage sandwiches on whole wheat buns, homemade fries

Wednesday
Chicken and dumplings, mashed potatoes

Thursday
Panko crusted salmon, oven roasted zucchini

Friday
Swedish meatballs, whole wheat noodles

Saturday
Grilled steak, grilled veggies (zucchini, peppers, eggplant, onions)

Sunday
Quinoa chili

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Another wonderful menu plan. Summer has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! I am so excited to see what new healthy recipes you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice menu! I'm trying to eat healthier with the wheat thing and it's a bit weird at first but going easier. I have to super read the labels though lol! Congrats on the baby steps, I take one step forward and about 3 back. Still addicted to croissants :/ lol!

    ReplyDelete