Monday, September 27, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

Fall is in full swing now that the temperatures have cooled. Last week we broke records for high temps in the 90's! Yesterday it rained and there was a dramatic change in the air. Still, nothing says fall to me like apples.

This recipe is my go-to muffin recipe. It's easy and quick. I use it for blueberry muffins, bacon and cheddar muffins, even chocolate chip muffins. This go around I'm using it to showcase my favorite fall treat - apples!

Here's what you need:

2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3 teas baking powder
1/2 teas salt
1 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil

1 cup of mix-ins - in this case, chopped apples

In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients. Since I'm making apple cinnamon muffins, I added 1 teas cinnamon to the flour mixture.

In another small bowl, combine the milk, egg, and oil. Stir this into the flour mixture just until moistened. The trick to great muffins is to not overmix. Just until moistened, okay?

Now stir in your chopped apples. The batter will be thick and lumpy. That's exactly how you want it! Spoon into greased or paper-lined muffin cups. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.


If you want a little more sweetness, combine brown sugar with cinnamon and sprinkle over the top before baking.

5 comments:

  1. Those look delicious! It's over 100 degrees where I am...like you, I can't wait for it to actually feel like fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you always make me hungry! I need all your recipes in a book at my finger tips---well, I guess I do have that, on your blog!! I really need to make one of these and then link to you. deal. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! These recipes look so yummy:) I feel my mouth watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! Such a yummy sounding fall recipe! :)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love muffins. I so need to make them more often! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete