Monday, September 30, 2013

Easy Ramen Noodle Stir Fry

Who doesn't love a quick and easy meal on busy weeknights? This stir fry is so delicious and can be on the table in less than 30 minutes. And it's versatile. You can choose the veggies your family likes. You can incorporate whatever meat you have available - chicken, beef, pork, even ground meat.

For ease of preparation, I used a bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables. Then I noticed the blend had snow peas in it. And I hate peas! I thought, since the pods were still intact, I could just easily pick them out. Uh, no. As they heated, the pea pods popped open and little peas spread throughout the skillet! Fortunately, I was able to separate most of them from my portion and donate them to my husband who adores peas. Next time, I'll chop up my own veggies! No peas!

Here's what you need:

2 pkgs ramen noodles
1 lb meat - I used cube steak, thinly sliced
4 cups veggies or 1 pkg frozen stir-fry veggies
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
2 TBSP brown sugar
1 TBSP corn starch or arrowroot powder
1 teas ground ginger

Before you start cooking the meat and veggies, prepare the stir fry sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the water, soy sauce, brown sugar, corn starch and ginger. Whisk until there are no lumps. Bring to a boil and cook for one minute. Set aside. This will thicken as it stands.

Break the ramen noodles up a little. Cook according to the package directions but discard the seasoning packets. You won't need them for this recipe. Drain the noodles.

While the noodles are cooking, pour a little oil into a skillet or wok. Cook the meat until it reaches your level of desired doneness. Add the veggies and cook until crisp-tender.

Turn off the heat and add the noodles to the skillet. Pour the stir-fry sauce over all and make sure everything is coated.

No comments:

Post a Comment