Thursday, April 10, 2014

Oven Roasted Sausage and Potatoes

I adore simple meals like this one. No fuss. Just stick-to-your-ribs goodness. And so easy to prepare!

The most difficult thing is dicing the potatoes. I don't peel mine, just scrub them really well to remove any dirt. But leaving the skins on adds to the yumminess of the dish, I think.

Here's what you need:

1 lb smoked sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
3 lbs small potatoes, diced
1 red pepper, diced
1/2 onion, diced
2-3 TBSP olive oil
2 teas Creole seasoning
salt, to taste

Brush 1 TBSP olive oil onto a rimmed baking sheet. Place the sausage, potatoes, pepper, and onion on the baking sheet. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil and sprinkle with the Creole seasoning and salt. Stir to coat. I just dig my hands in and combine it all.

Bake at 400 degrees for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment