Sunday, January 11, 2015

Menu Plan January 12-18

After a very cold week last week, we're returning to our normal January temps here in the Deep South. I mean, I can count on one hand the times we've hit single digits since I've lived here. And last Wednesday night/Thursday morning was one of them. So thankful for a warm, comfortable house and a cozy fireplace that my husband so faithfully kept going through our cold snap.

We also started back to school for our second semester, which was a blessing. The kids work independently these days, for the most part at least. I still teach them grammar - hey, I was an English teacher for years! We still take time to discuss things like science and history after they've done their assignments. But every day I'm reminded that they're growing up and I won't have them as my students much longer. Sometimes I wish I could slow down time!

Now here's what I've got planned for our meals this week:

Monday
Copycat Olive Garden Minestrone Soup - slow cooker

Tuesday
Spaghetti and Italian meatballs, bread

Wednesday
Slow cooker citrus and herb turkey breast, mashed potatoes

Thursday
Mini cheddar meatloaves, spinach and kale saute

Friday
Homemade pizza

Saturday
Grilled chicken, ratatouille

Sunday
Balsamic pork loin, potatoes, roasted zucchini

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Hey I hope you're okay! Didn't see a menu this week and was wondering if everything's okay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm okay, just crazy busy with life! Thanks for checking on me, though. I appreciate you thinking about me, friend!

      Delete
    2. No problem! : ) Glad to hear you're okay! : )

      Delete