Thursday, January 12, 2012

Make your own popcorn seasoning


We love popcorn around here. Hubby and the kids prefer theirs buttered and salted, while I like to experiment with flavors. I like caramel popcorn, cheesy popcorn, you name it. So when I came across this super simple recipe to make you own pizza flavored popcorn seasoning mix, I knew I had to try it! It's like eating pizza without the tomato sauce.

Here's what you need:

3 teas dried basil
2 teas dried oregano
2 teas Italian seasoning
1 teas garlic salt
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese

In a small food processor, combine the seasonings until they're finely ground. Stir together the spice mix and Parmesan cheese, then transfer to a jar. Sprinkle the desired amount over buttered popcorn.

I've seen similar seasoning blends at the grocery store but they're way too expensive. It's so much easier to whip up my own batch, saving myself several dollars without any preservatives and unpronounceable ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment