Friday, January 27, 2012

Tasty Tilapia


My family loves eating fish, especially tilapia. I enjoy cooking it for them because I know it's a healthy meal. Whenever Mr. Lego sees it pop up on the menu, he cheers. So I guess I'm doing something right. LOL

I especially like this recipe because the fish is baked, not fried. And I usually have all of the seasoning ingredients on hand. The result is a flavorful, colorful dish that everyone loves.

Here's what you need:

4 tilapia filets, thawed
1/4 cup olive oil
1 1/2 teas garlic powder
1 teas ground mustard
1 teas ground ginger
1 teas paprika
1 teas coarse salt
1 teas dried oregano
1/2 teas black pepper
1/2 teas chili powder
1 TBSP lemon juice

In a shallow bowl, combine the olive oil and seasonings. Let sit for about 10 minutes to give the flavors a chance to blend. The oil will turn a lovely orange-red color.

Dip each filet into the bowl, making sure both sides are covered. Place on a greased baking sheet. If there is any of the oil mixture left, pour over the filets. Sprinkle with lemon juice.

Bake at 400 degree for 10 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.

No comments:

Post a Comment