Monday, January 30, 2012

Pepperoni Carbonara


When I found this recipe, I knew my family would like it. I've been trying to branch out from tomato-based pasta dishes to give them more variety. Even the Princess who prefers no sauce at all on her pasta really enjoyed this dish and went back for more. I left out the tomatoes because I knew the kids would be more likely to eat it. I also tweaked the seasonings a bit to suit our tastes.

I have to say that making your own sauce instead of using jarred alfredo sauce is definitely the way to go in these types of dishes. Nothing beats homemade.

Here's what you need:

8 oz penne pasta, cooked according to the package directions
1/4 cup butter
2 teas minced garlic
1 cup chopped turkey pepperoni
1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 cup half and half
1 teas Italian seasoning
1 teas dried basil
1/4 teas salt
1/4 teas black pepper

In a saucepan, melt the butter. Add the garlic and cook for about 3 minutes. Be careful not to burn the garlic.

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Keep stirring until the cheese is completely melted. Add the cooked pasta to the pan and make sure everything is well coated with sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment