Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

We love fish around here and I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it. I bookmarked this Rachael Ray recipe a while back, but never got around to making it until last week. I wondered why I had waited so long. It's incredibly easy and delicious! Of course, I tweaked it a bit, as is my way. Hope you enjoy!

Here's what you need:

4 tilapia filets
1-2 TBSP olive oil
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 teas dried parsley
1/2 teas paprika
1/2 teas Old Bay seasoning
the juice from 1/2 a lemon (or about 1 TBSP lemon juice)

Just wanted to say I don't buy Parmesan cheese in wedges to grate up. It's way too expensive. So I get the shredded stuff in the deli and just crush it up with my fingers to get finer crumbs.


Combine the Parmesan cheese and seasonings on a shallow plate. The mixture will be a nice orangey color thanks to the paprika.


Drizzle the fish with a little olive oil, then press each filet into the crumbs, coating both sides well.

 
 Place the filets on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle a little lemon juice over each filet for a nice tang.
 

I loved the way the Parmesan cheese melted together and formed a nice crust over the fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment