Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tropical Smoothies

The temperatures are starting to climb here in the Deep South, so cool, refreshing smoothies are ideal for mid-afternoon snacks. I picked up some frozen pineapple chunks in the freezer section to use as my smoothie base. Then I considered what other flavors would go well with pineapple. Mango and coconut! I added a little sweetener and a yummy tropical smoothie recipe was born.

Here's what you need:

2 cups frozen pineapple chunks
(you could use canned or fresh pineapple chunks but freeze them first)
1 mango, peeled and diced
2 cups coconut milk (not the canned stuff, this is in a carton in the dairy section)
1-2 TBSP agave nectar, depending on how sweet you want it

Place the ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.


This recipe makes about 3 servings. The kids loved the smoothies and so did I!

No comments:

Post a Comment