Thursday, June 28, 2012

Parmesan Zucchini

I love squash and zucchini, my husband and kids don't. I've always had one way to prepare them - breaded and fried with lots of butter. They turned their noses up. I mean, who doesn't like breaded veggies swimming in lots of butter?

So I started searching for healthier ways to prepare zucchini, hoping that they'd at least try something new. I found this recipe on Pinterest and knew it was exactly what I was looking for. I adapted it slightly to make the prep a little easier, but it's a perfect way to get my family to eat the dreaded zucchini.

Here's what you need:

2 zucchini
1/2 TBSP olive oil
1/4 teas each salt, pepper and garlic powder
Shredded Parmesan cheese

Cut the ends off each zucchini and then cut into fourths, making a total of 8 pieces.



Place on a lightly greased baking sheet. Mix the olive oil and seasonings together, then brush over the zucchini. Sprinkle each piece with some Parmesan cheese. You definitely want the shredded kind, not the grated stuff in a green can.


Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, or until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is melted.


See how yummy that looks? And no frying!

No comments:

Post a Comment