Sunday, May 17, 2015

Menu Plan May 18-24

Last week I had to clean out my chest freezer to make room for half a cow we had purchased. The meat was processed and we needed a place to put it! If you can find a good source of grass-fed beef, I highly recommend purchasing a quarter or half a side of beef. It's a large expense all at once, but well worth it in the long run.

I was so glad when the farmer called us to let us know it was time. I was completely out of ground beef from our last half cow. And nothing you can buy at the grocery store tastes like locally grown beef.

So a lot of my cooking this week involves beef, as well as some other family favorites. I'm even trying a meatless recipe, Unstuffed Pasta Florentine.

Monday
Philly cheesesteak sandwiches, homemade fries

Tuesday
Unstuffed Pasta Florentine, garlic bread

Wednesday
Chicken patty sandwiches, zucchini noodles (zoodles)

Thursday
Spaghetti, salad

Friday
Homemade pizza

Saturday
Grilled steak, baked potatoes

Sunday
Savory beef roast, crockpot potatoes

For more meal planning inspiration, visit Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment