Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Savory beef roast

One of my favorite ways to feed a crowd is to slow cook a roast, pork or beef, and shred it to make sandwiches. The meat stretches so much further that way. When I do a pork roast, I offer a variety of BBQ sauces (see my tip for that here). But this recipe for savory beef requires no sauce. It's tasty and flavorful without it.

Here's what you'll need:

3-4 lb. beef roast (I use whatever's on sale)
1 TBSP dried minced onion
1 teas salt
2 teas garlic powder
2 teas dried oregano
1 teas dried rosemary, crushed
1 teas celery seed
dash of cayenne pepper

Cut the roast in half and place in a slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the seasonings. Sprinkle over the roast. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the meat shreds easily with a fork. After shredding, return the meat to the slow cooker to soak up the juices. Serve on sandwich rolls.



You don't have to add any water to the slow cooker. The juices from the roast and from slow cooking will be enough.

To make the sandwiches even more special, add sliced provolone cheese. Yum!

For more delicious recipes, visit Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Life as Mom's Ultimate Recipe Swap.

4 comments:

  1. That roast looks good. Thanks for sharing your recipe and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your roast sounds delicious! I love these kind of meals from the slow cooker. Everyone is happy at dinner time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds delicious!

    Here from Life as Mom.

    Melissa
    http://coffeewithme.com

    ReplyDelete