Monday, March 14, 2011

Roasted Garlic Cauliflower

I don't know about you, but sometimes I'm veggie-challenged. Meaning, I can't think of exciting ways to serve vegetables that my kids will like. I get stuck in a rut of preparing veggies a certain way and it's hard to try new methods. Now, I know that I'm blessed because both of my children enjoy eating broccoli and cauliflower. But after a while, they get tired of the same old veggies prepared the same old way, ya know?

I am SO glad I came upon this recipe for roasted garlic cauliflower! It breathed new life into an old favorite and the kids gobbled it up.

Here's what you need:

1 head of cauliflower
3 TBSP olive oil
2 TBSP minced garlic
sale and pepper, to taste
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Separate the cauliflower into florets. You don't want them too small or they'll burn as they roast. But if they're too big, they might not cook all the way through. Try to make them about the same size.


Place the olive oil and minced garlic into a Ziploc bag, then add the cauliflower. Shake to coat, then spread on a greased baking sheet.


Bake at 425 degrees for about 20 minutes, stirring once about halfway through. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and return to the oven for a couple of minutes until the cheese is golden brown. My cauliflower was a little too browned because I forgot to stir. Oops!


In spite of not stirring like the directions said to, the cauliflower was delicious! The garlic added such a wonderful flavor and the cheese gave it a slight tang.

This is one veggie dish I'll be making again and again!

No comments:

Post a Comment