Friday, May 13, 2011

Macadamia White Chocolate Chip Bars

Have you ever had a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie at the Great American Cookie Company? Or one from Subway? They are so yummy! I adore macadamia nuts, but they're expensive and I rarely use them in baking.

Once Charles brought me some honey roasted macadamias from Hawaii after a business trip. I ate the whole can myself. I think I might have grudgingly offered him one or two, but he gallantly turned me down. He didn't want to deprive me of any of the bliss that is honey roasted macadamias!

If you don't want to splurge on macadamia nuts, then you can substitute walnuts in this recipe. But my advice is to splurge.

Here's what you need:

1 pkg sugar cookie mix - I used Betty Crocker
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
1 egg
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup coarsely chopped macadamia nuts
1/4 cup flaked coconut

In a bowl, combine the cookie mix, butter and egg.


Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.



Press into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes until golden brown.



Cool and cut into bars.


Charles told me he didn't like these very much. Because once he started eating one, he wanted another. And another. Ha! Hope he doesn't like the rest of my cooking just as much.

For more yummy recipes, visit Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment