Friday, March 16, 2012

A Few of My Favorite Things

Okay, not a few. Forty-two! Cause I'm 42 today. And on your birthday you're allowed to post long lists of nonsense.

I'm not going to list my family, because they're people, not things. And I think it goes without saying that they're my faves. I love them deeply, after all. These are just some random things I love and enjoy, in no particular order.

My Bible, a gift from my parents
John Wayne movies
Freshly baked bread
My Kitchenaid mixer
Yellow roses
Disney's Beauty and the Beast
Soup on a cold day
West Virginia Mountaineers football
Patriotic music
Biltmore estate in Asheville, NC
Hummingbirds
Reese cups
Once Upon a Time (TV show)
My slow cooker
Sunday afternoon naps
Warm chocolate chip cookies
Cheese fries with bacon
The Internet!
Candlelight
Historical fiction
Cape Hatteras lighthouse
Online shopping
My Nook tablet
Holding hands with Charles
Fuzzy bathrobes
Medium well steak
Green apple Jolly Ranchers
Lemonade
Hazelnut creamer for my coffee
Cheesecake
Stained glass windows
Walt Disney World
Pizza with bacon
Netflix
Cruise control
4th of July fireworks
Collecting seashells
Autumn leaves
Pumpkin spice lattes
Whole Foods
Mexican cuisine
Poetry by Robert Frost

And now you know more about me than you probably care to. Did anyone notice that food showed up on this list a great deal?

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Yah! Happy Birthday! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday!! Loved your list of favorites ... our list of likes is so similar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a lot of the same likes - including Once Upon A Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha! I just found your blog through a pinterest recipe (chicken/rice soup) and I think we're kindred spirits! I have two little boys, 18 mos and 4, so I'm a few years behind you, but I plan to homeschool mine, as well. I think I'll be knocking on your email for advice when the time comes! I look forward to following you and getting to know you more! Thanks for sharing,
    Carleigh

    ReplyDelete