Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Oven Roasted Broccoli

We've been trying to eat more veggies around here. Eating more means I can't fix them the same way every time or we'd get bored very quickly. Since we all love oven roasted zucchini and oven roasted cauliflower, I thought why not try to roast some broccoli?

The Princess has been wanting to help me in the kitchen, so I put her to work chopping up some broccoli. She pretty much make the entire recipe by herself with just a little advice from me. That's how easy this recipe is.

Here's what you need:

1-2 broccoli crowns
1-2 TBSP olive oil
2 teas minced garlic
salt and pepper, to taste
lemon juice

Chop the broccoli into similarly sized pieces. Try not to make them too small or they might burn. Toss with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet (I covered mine with foil, then greased it for easier clean-up). Roast in a 400 degree oven for 12-15 minutes, until the broccoli is tender. Stir at least once during cooking.

Remove the broccoli from the oven and drizzle with a little lemon juice. So good!


2 comments:

  1. That looks really good! My mom does that with Brussel sprouts and NOM! I can eat a ton of those lol :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brussel sprouts would be great this way, too. Might have to try that soon!

      Delete