Sunday, December 20, 2009

Menu Plan - Christmas week

I can't believe it's Christmas week already! Has this year flown by or what? My parents and my brother and his family are coming on Wednesday to celebrate with us. My sister-in-law has to work Christmas night - she's a nurse and unfortunately, sickness doesn't take a holiday - so their family will have to leave around lunch time on Christmas Day. So we're having Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve, then getting up to open presents and have a nice brunch on Christmas morning. It's a little different than we've done things in the past, but we're more than willing to accomodate the work schedule thing so we can be together. Isn't that one of the best part of Christmas, being with family?

Sunday
Corn chowder, bread

Monday
Cheeseburger rice

Tuesday
Chili, corn chips

Wednesday
Pork roast, baked beans, cole slaw

Thursday
Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, macaroni and cheese, cranberry sauce, rolls
Apple pie and pumpkin pie

Friday brunch
Overnight sticky buns, breakfast pizza (recipe coming this week), fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy

Saturday
Turkey rice soup

For some more yummy menu ideas, check out Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Mondays.

1 comment:

  1. You have a delicious menu planned!
    I'm so glad that my husband isn't working on Christmas Eve and Christmas. He really needs the days off. This is the best family Christmas gift!
    Here's wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas!

    Feel free to stop by my blog and leave a comment to my question: Do you still read newspapers?

    ReplyDelete