Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites

One of my favorite flavor combinations is peanut butter and chocolate. Reese Cups have always been my favorite candy bar. Have you noticed those cups are seeming to get smaller and smaller every year? Pretty soon, you'll only be able to buy miniatures!

So take those miniatures and a box of brownie mix and make some truly delectable treats. Pour yourself a tall glass of ice cold milk to go with them. Trust me. You're gonna want the milk.

Peanut Butter Brownie Bites
1 box brownie mix
1 egg
1/3 cup oil
2 TBSP water
1/4 cup flour
miniature peanut butter cups

In a large bowl, combine the brownie mix, egg, oil, water and flour. Stir until there are no lumps. This should be the consistency of sugar cookie dough, so you might need to add more flour.


Roll the brownie dough into 1-inch balls and place in greased mini muffin tins. That's why you want a stiffer dough than regular brownie batter. Press onto the bottom and sides of the muffin cups. I use my Pampered Chef mini tart shaper for this. Oh, so easy!


Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. While you're waiting for the brownies to bake, unwrap your mini peanut butter cups. I was surprised at how many of these little goodies jumped into my mouth as I was unwrapping them. How does that happen?


When the brownies are done, remove them from the oven. They will have puffed up and ruined the pretty little cup shapes, but that's okay. Take a mini cup and press down into the center of each brownie. You've got your cup shape back! Let cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.

Don't those look yummy? I know you're probably wondering what those cookies are doing in the background. Well, I only have one mini muffin pan and there was enough brownie dough left over to make some cookies. When the cookies came out of the oven, I put a Hershey's Candy Cane Kiss on top of each one. They got all melty and delicious! If you like mint and chocolate together, these cookies are fabulous. And if you only have one mini muffin pan like I do, you'll want to do something with the remaining dough. So there you go - two ideas for brownie mix dough. Both are delicious. Both require milk to wash down.

Enjoy!

This post is linked to Tempt My Tummy Tuesdays over at Blessed with Grace. Head on over there to find some more delicious recipes.

4 comments:

  1. There is just one problem...I have limited self control with pb cups AND brownies...I am afraid I would eat the whole pan :) But I do have to try this, especially since I got that little tamper thing at a yard sale for $1 this summer. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yum!!! I have never made these and they look awesome!!! Thanks for the recipe and linking to TMTT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, these look delish! What else could I use besides the Pampered Chef thingy???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cop Mama, you could use the handle of a wooden spoon to press the dough into the cups. Or even your thumb. But you might end up having to lick brownie dough off your hand. LOL! I guess that wouldn't be so bad.

    ReplyDelete