Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Packing tip for travelers

I can't take credit for this tip. I heard it on "Say Yes to the Dress" on TLC. You know the show about women choosing their wedding garb at Kleinfeld's in NYC? The Princess and I watch it together. She loves seeing brides in their bridal gowns.

Anyway, the show gave some packing tips for couples traveling by plane and this one jumped out at me in one of those "Duh! Why didn't I think of that?" moments. Here's the tip - when packing two suitcases for you and your spouse, pack half of your clothes and half of his clothes in each suitcase. If one of your suitcases gets lost or has a slow time catching up with you, both of you will have some clothes. Wouldn't that be better than one of you having absolutely nothing to wear for a few days?

For more helpful tips, visit We are THAT Family's Works for Me Wednesday.

3 comments:

  1. We are going on vacation to Cuba in a few weeks - my friend that is also going, just told me this tip. I have to admit, I do not relish having to mix DH's. DS's and my clothes between 3 suitcases. It wouldn't be so bad for DH & I, but DS has his own room - guess better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my blog!! And I love your tip about packing!! We leave for vacation in 5 days, so it's VERY timely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right that is a big duh! I have been married and travelling for over 20 years and never thought of that!

    ReplyDelete