Monday, August 15, 2011

Menu Plan August 14-20


Well, what do you think of my brand new DIY menu board? I've seen these all over the internet, so I can't really credit any one person for the idea. I was simply going to use an old 11x14 frame, but my husband stepped in and created a custom frame for me. I did use the cardboard backing from the old frame, as well as the glass. You definitely need glass so you can write your weekly menus with a dry erase marker!

I adhered scrapbook paper and ribbon to the backing, then I stamped the days of the week title with black ink. Hubby did the rest. I'll post some more detailed pics later this week, so come on back and see what he did if you want to!

Here's the plan:

Sunday
Leftovers

Monday
Tuscan pasta with grilled chicken

Tuesday
Baked egg rolls

Wednesday
Cheeseburger rice, green beans

Thursday
Crispy honey lime tilapia, broccoli

Friday
Slow Cooker Coconut Curry Chicken, rice

Saturday
Pasta fagioli, artisan bread

If you're not a meal planner, let me encourage you to start this week! Head over to Organizing Junkie's Menu Plan Monday to take a look at dozens of meal plans.

5 comments:

  1. What about taco night? Everyone loves taco night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your board looks great! I use an old piece of white board with with magnets glued to the back on my fridge. Your board looks much nice. Sounds like a yummy week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu planning with recipes looks awesome. I am inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the board! we have no where to put one or id love to make one:)
    i'd love if you stopped by my new blog and checked out my Menu Plan
    Cooking with Cristin

    ReplyDelete