Friday, August 12, 2011

Rosemary Ranch Chicken


adapted from Plain Chicken

We marinate and grill chicken all of the time. I use a variety of homemade marinades to flavor the chicken, but I never considered using ranch dressing until I ran across the recipe. I left out the additional salt since the dressing and worchestershire sauce already have a high sodium content. I also used fresh rosemary because we have lots of it! The results were fabulous! The kids devoured this chicken like hungry wolves!

And though my intention was to grill the chicken outdoors, it was way too hot to stand beside a grill last week. Our temps were triple-digit with even higher heat indexes. So I used my indoor George Foreman, and the chicken was still amazing! To get an outdoor-grilled flavor anyway, I added a couple of drops of liquid smoke to the marinade. Perfect!

Here's what you will need:

1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup ranch dressing
3 TBSP worchestershire sauce
1 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP sugar
3 teas minced rosemary (or 1 TBSP dried rosemary)
1/4 teas pepper
4-6 boneless chicken breasts

In a bowl, combine the marinade ingredients. Place the chicken in a gallon-size Ziploc bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and close the bag. Squish the bag around to make sure all the chicken is coated. Put the bag in the fridge for 8 hours and turn occasionally.

Grill on a George Foreman or outdoor grill until the juices run clear. Outdoors it usually takes 6-7 minutes per side. The indoor grill is about 8-10 minutes total.

1 comment: