Monday, July 23, 2012

Parmesan Couscous

Here I am with another couscous recipe. I love how versatile this pasta is and how quick it is to prepare. My children request it often, so I know it's a winner with them.

And honestly, this version is about the simplest I've found. It's fantastic with chicken, steak or pork. You really can't go wrong with this.

Here's what you need:

2 cups chicken broth (most recipes use water as the liquid, but broth gives it so much flavor)
1 TBSP butter
1 1/2 cups dry couscous (you can use a 10 oz box of plain couscous for this)
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP olive oil
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper to taste

In a saucepan, combine the broth and butter. Bring to a boil. Stir in the couscous and remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes.

Stir in the remaining ingredients. Fluff with a fork to serve.


It just doesn't get any easier than that!

I'm linking up with Tempt My Tummy Tuesday over at Blessed with Grace. Click over there and check out some more yummy recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment