Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Your Grocery Toolbox e-book review


Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy


I want to introduce you to one of my favorite food bloggers, Anne over at Quick and Easy, Cheap and Healthy. And her website does just that - provides recipes that are simple to prepare while using healthy ingredients. She shares tips and hints to save money while keeping your family well-fed.

Anne has just published a wonderful e-book called Your Grocery Toolbox. It's a 150-page guidebook to saving money on your food bill and developing good spending habits that will serve you well in the future. I can tell you that after two and a half years of blogging, I've not seen a better e-book on the subject of saving grocery dollars. It's a great value at $4.99.

Here are some of the topics covered in this book: 
  1. Budget (how to make one, what you can afford on your budget, a sample $250/month budget, and more)
  2. Price List (what it is, how it helps, how to make one, how to maintain)
  3. Sourcing (a comprehensive review of sources – online and brick-and-mortar – for inexpensive healthy food)
  4. Once-a-Month Shopping (maximizing your budget by shopping once a month)
  5. Price Caps (learn how to set limits for how much you will spend on different items)
  6. Coupons (can coupons be effective when shopping for healthy foods?)
  7. Do it Yourself Foods (foods you can make yourself and save money)
  8. Take it to the Next Level (develop frugal habits that will save you LOTS)
  9. Saving Money in the Internet Era (frugal hacks from the modern age of internet and social media)
Anne also includes tons of resources, websites and printables to make your efforts to save money even easier!

Each chapter contains several challenges, like determining your nutritional priorities or creating a price book. These challenges will help you take the book's useful tips and put them into practice. And in the process, you'll start to see how following Anne's advice can save you money while still allowing you to serve your family healthy meals!

So, what did I like most about Your Grocery Toolbox? Well, I really liked all of it! The chapters were well-written and conversational, like Anne was talking to her best friends. She makes the whole process of planning to save and shopping for deals easy and doable.

But I think I learned the most from the chapter on resources for healthy food at good prices. I had never really considered online shopping as a viable option. After reading Anne's recommendations, I went to Amazon.com and found some amazing prices on foods I've been wanting to try but was too expensive locally. I was even able to get some bulk items without leaving home. That's important to me because we have no large warehouse stores like Costco or Sam's near us.

I also got a much-needed reminder to update my price book. I started one in 2010 but haven't kept up with current food prices. I know prices have gone up in the past two years, so in an effort to find the cheapest prices on what I need, I'm going to follow Anne's advice to keep up with it.

So, would you like a copy of Your Grocery Toolbox? You can purchase one for $4.99 or here's how you can get one for FREE!

Simply leave a comment telling me how much you spend in groceries every month for your family and how large your family is. I'll randomly draw a winner on Sunday night, July 8.

Even if you don't win a free copy, Anne is offering my readers a 20% discount good through July 10. Click here to visit Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy.

Enter the discount code "tasteandsee" without the quotation marks to receive 20% off your copy of Your Grocery Toolbox. But if you purchase the book and then win the giveaway, Anne will refund you the purchase price!

If you're looking for ways to keep your grocery costs down, you will definitely want a copy of this book!

Disclosure: Anne gave me a free copy of her e-book to read and review. My opinions are strictly my own and I was not compensated for them.

Also,  I'm a Quick and Easy Cheap and Healthy affiliate, so if you click on the link above and purchase Anne's book, I receive a commission.

1 comment:

  1. We have 5 in our family. Lately on average it's been about $90-100 a week. I would say $400 s month sounds about right. That's just food! We also spend another $50, for odds and ends at Wal Mart.

    ReplyDelete