Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Thoughts on Being Sick

I don't like being sick. I just don't. I have so many more useful things I could be doing. Like cooking for my family. It's one of my favorite ways to show my love for them.

This week I've been laid low by a virus. I feel like crud. Every time I think I'm getting better, I try to do a little more than I should and then I'm right back in bed resting. Will I ever learn?

The answer is probably no. I'm stubborn and want my own way too much.

Isn't that how we all are, honestly?

I'm trying, though. Trying to be still. I can hear my Father's voice whispering to me through the frustration I feel.

So I'm striving to take this week day by day. Not worrying about what needs to be done tomorrow - or what didn't get done today. It will get done eventually.

In the meantime, I'm going to rest some more. I'll see you next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment