Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Thoughts on the Election and Where We Go from Here

The election's over and the guy I voted for didn't win. Thankfully, I wasn't putting my hope in Romney. Scripture tells us not to do that, anyway. "It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in man. It is better to trust in the Lord, than to put confidence in princes." Psalm 118:8-9.

The biggest problem facing our country isn't economic. It's not a social problem, either. It's not equality or women's issues. It's not immigration or  welfare.

Recent polls and surveys suggest that more and more Americans don't believe in God. If they don't believe in Him, why would they obey His commandments to live holy lives? That's why I firmly believe that our country's biggest problem is spiritual. And no political candidate can solve that one. Only Jesus can do that.

As Christians, we need to be on our knees praying and on our feet sharing the Gospel. We need to stop looking to the government to solve our problems and start trusting in the Lord. We need to show our neighbors and community a better way by living out God's love on a daily basis.

So what's next? Well, honestly, I don't know God's plan for our great country. I know He can use whomever is in political power to accomplish His purpose. And so I'm going to trust Him to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment