Monday, October 25, 2010

Herb Bubble Bread

When I found this recipe in a magazine, I knew I had to try it. It reminds me of monkey bread, only uses savory ingredients instead of sweet. This pull-apart bread is a great accompaniment to soup and salads. It's a fun change of pace from rolls or bread, too. Of course, I did my usual tweaking to suit my family's preferences.

Here's what you need:

18-20 frozen dinner rolls, thawed
1/4 cup melted butter
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 teas Italian seasoning
1 teas coarse salt
1/2 teas garlic powder

In a small bowl, combine the parmesan cheese and spices. Once the dinner rolls have thawed, dip each one into the melted butter, then into the cheese mixture.


Place in a greased loaf pan and allow to rise until doubled.


Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. If the top browns too quickly, slip a piece of foil over it.


Allow to cool for a few minutes. Then invert onto a serving plate.


The kids really, really liked pulling this bread apart and stuffing it into their mouths! There was no need for buttering the rolls, since they were already covered with it. Each bite was full of flavor and zest. It was great!

For more yummy recipes, visit Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

5 comments: