Monday, October 11, 2010

Pumpkin Scones with Cinnamon Glaze

Since the beginning of fall, I've had an overwhelming taste for all things pumpkin. So when I came across a recipe at Family, Stamping and FOOD, I knew I had to try it. I tweaked it just a little bit and used a different glaze.

The results were amazing! I followed Candi's advice and used a fork to blend the ingredients. It could not have been easier.

Here's what you need:

2 cups flour (I used half unbleached white and half wheat)
1 TBSP baking powder
1/4 teas salt
1 teas cinnamon
1/2 teas nutmeg
1/4 teas ginger
6 TBSP brown sugar
6 TBSP cold butter, cut into cubes
1/3 cup canned pumpkin (or your own puree)
1/3 cup half and half cream

In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, spices, and brown sugar. Using a fork, work in the butter until the mixture is like crumbs.



Add the pumpkin and cream, stirring with the fork until just combined. The batter will be lumpy. Don't overmix it.


Dump the mixture onto a lightly floured surface. Use your hands to press the dough together into a disk. Knead the disk a few times, then form into another disk, about 1 inch thick and 10 inches wide.



Using a pizza cutter, slice the disk into 8 wedges. Carefully move the wedges onto a greased baking sheet.


Bake at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until the scones are puffed and lightly browned. Drizzle with cinnamon glaze.



To make the cinnamon glaze, combine 1 cup powdered sugar, 2-3 TBSP milk and 1 teas cinnamon. Drizzle over cooled scones. Just don't count the number of scones in the picture.


These are flaky and not too sweet. Perfect with a cup of coffee! Enjoy!

For more yummy recipes, visit Tempt My Tummy Tuesday being hosted today At the Well.

5 comments:

  1. Wow, these look delicious! Dipping them in a cup of coffee would be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Killin' me. If I had pumpkin I would so make these today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these pumpkin recipes are making me crazy! This one looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That cinnamon glaze sounds like it would pair with the pumpkin scones perfectly, and it looks so pretty on top of the scones.

    ReplyDelete