Monday, May 10, 2010

Chocolate Mint Freeze

The weather is heating up and I'm starting to dread turning on the oven. We have this huge skylight in our kitchen, and while I love the light it allows in, the heat is something else! We're looking for a shade to fit across the inside to help keep out the heat. This skylight is the reason for the funky shadows and lighting in some of my food pics. Yeah, I blame it on the skylight!


So I've been searching for some sweets to share that don't require heating up the kitchen. And if you've been looking for a cool, refreshing treat to serve when the summer's heat gets to be too much, look no further. This is a creamy blend of chocolate and mint that will cool you (and your kitchen) down in no time.

Here's what you need:

1 1/2 cups cold milk
1 pkg instant chocolate pudding (4-serving size)
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 teas peppermint extract

In a large bowl, whisk the milk and pudding mix together for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.


While the pudding is setting up, beat the whipping cream until it begins to thicken. Remember my tip for the best whipped cream! Add the peppermint extract and beat until soft peaks form. Fold into the pudding.


Spread the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 2 hours.


Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into 9 squares.



This is so good! It's not the same texture as ice cream. It's more like a fudgesicle on a plate. With just a hint of mint, enough to make it seem colder than it is. Perfect for a warm summer evening!

For more yummy recipes, visit Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great summer recipe! The fudgesicle on a plate made me laugh. I will have to try this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am totally craving chocolate now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love chocolate and mint. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mint and chocolate is my favorite combination and this certainly sounds easy! Thanks for sharing it. Hope you find a shade for the sky light! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic sounding recipe - I'll definitely give it a try. I wish it would warm up here in England - it's looking and feeling more like autumn than spring at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nummy num num num!! Mint and chocolate is my hubbys fav so I will have to try this one out, if it ever gets warm here in MN! =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10" snow forecasted for tonight... can't wait for warmer weather so I can try your dessert! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds delish! Chocolate and mint are one of our favorite combinations!!

    ~Thank you for sharing!~
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great dessert idea -- can I feature this one on our Friday Favs this week?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so delicious! Will be trying soon!

    ReplyDelete