Monday, May 24, 2010

Cookie Dough-topped Brownies

I love brownies. Probably more than cookies. And I love cookies a lot, so that's saying something!

This recipe combines two of my favorites - brownies and chocolate chip cookie dough. Only this cookie dough has no eggs so there's no need to worry about salmonella. Dig in, baby!

No, really, don't dig in. You won't have enough cookie dough to cover your brownies. Unless you double the cookie dough recipe. But don't tell anyone I told you to do that.

Here's what you need:

A 9x13 pan of brownies, baked and cooled - use your favorite recipe or mix. I use a mix and add chocolate chips to it.



Now on to the good stuff, the cookie dough:

1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 TBSP milk
1 teas vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1 cup chocolate chips

In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the milk and vanilla extract.


Add the flour and mix well. Stir in the chocolate chips.


Drop the cookie dough onto the brownies by the spoonful. Then carefully spread it over the entire pan. If the brownies are the slightest bit warm, the cookie dough will stick and not want to spread. So make sure your brownies are completely cooled.




Cut into squares, pour yourself a tall glass of ice cold milk and enjoy! If your kitchen is warm like mine, you might want to store these in the fridge so the cookie dough "icing" doesn't melt.

For more yummy recipes, visit Blessed with Grace's Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

4 comments:

  1. um, yum?! I love both of these things. Never thought about adding them together. Mmmm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why top the brownies? I'm thinking I wouldn't make it that far...I'd just dig in with a spoon! :-) - www.delightfulcountrycookin.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these brownies! So rich and delicious! I really don't want to share!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I am afraid to make those for fear I will eat the entire pan.

    ReplyDelete