Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Homemade Seasoned Salt

I've been trying to make things from scratch as much as possible this year. So I thought, why not try my hand at making my own seasoning blends? So I played around with some seasoned salt blends and this is what I came up with.

In a blender or food processor, combine the following:

5 TBSP coarse sea salt
2 TBSP dried parsley flakes
2 1/2 teas paprika
1 teas dry mustard
1 teas dried thyme leaves
1/2 teas garlic powder
1/2 teas curry powder
1/2 teas onion powder
1/2 teas celery seed
1/2 teas dried oregano
1/8 teas dill weed

Blend until all the spices are about the same size particles. Pour into a shaker container and use in any recipe that calls for seasoned salt. I love to sprinkle this on french fries and other potato dishes. It's also very good on pork chops and chicken.

No comments:

Post a Comment